Sleep apnea and other sleep disorders are more common than you think – 90% of people who have sleep apnea don’t know they have it. Although episodes of gasping for air occur hundreds of times throughout the night, you may not remember struggling for breath when you wake. It is often your bed partner who first notices your symptoms.
Warning signs and symptoms of sleep disorders include:
- Frequent silences during sleep due to breaks in breathing (apnea)
- Choking or gasping during sleep to get air into the lungs
- Loud snoring
- Sudden awakenings to restart breathing or waking up in a sweat
- Daytime sleepiness and not feeling refreshed by a night’s sleep, including falling asleep at inappropriate times
- Or have you already been diagnosed, but haven’t had success with previous treatments?
Sleep disorders left untreated can be life threatening. Dr. Stefania Caracioni specializes in dental alternatives that can improve your sleep and your health. Our treatment includes the latest in FDA-approved oral orthotic therapy. If you are interested in knowing your risk for sleep disorders and how treatment can improve your sleep and your life, contact Enchanted Smiles for a professional sleep consultation.